Plastic surgery is popular not only for the celebrities but common people also have jumped in this bandwagon to improve their looks. But one thing is sure; as it is a very big decision to go under the knife and spend hordes of money on the procedure, you have to think twice. If you are very much certain that you really want to go ahead with plastic surgery then you have to prepare yourself for few things before the surgery.
You may have to start or stop few medicines and you may have to change your life style as well. Actually all precautions have to be taken one month before the surgery to get a better chances of recovery. Like Dr. Michael Miroshnik, other doctors will also give you some guidelines to follow before the surgery but here are some suggestions that may help you before and after the procedure:
- Change your Lifestyle: It is obvious that before surgery, you might have some anxiety, worries, or fear regarding the outcome of the upcoming surgery. But as the days come closer, you have to prepare yourself both mentally and physically. In order to get quick healing and minimal discomfort, you have to follow few things such as to check daily nutritional level, eliminate few routine medicines, quitting smoking, or getting sound sleep to name a few. If you have any bad habit, like consuming good amount of alcohol, you have to leave it becoming more sincere with yourself.
- Give a Realistic Approach to your Expectations: If you are going for cosmetic surgery, although difficult, you have to be realistic about your expectations. A comprehensive understanding of the procedure is must which means you must be aware of the risks, recovery time, and the results and most importantly, you may have to make some sacrifices also such as avoiding smoking for weeks.
- Answer your Doctor Honestly: When your doctor asks your medical history, you may feel uncomfortable but answering all the questions honestly will make it easier for the doctor to take right decisions. When you are sitting before a doctor, you should not feel awkward or uncomfortable. Your answers to every query of the surgeon will help get better results.
- Get full Knowledge about your Surgeon: Knowing about your surgeon’s credentials, experience, and whether he is a board certified surgeon, is important. Also look the before and afterward photos of his clients that have taken his services. If the plastic surgeon is unable to do so, then there surely is something suspicious about the surgeon. Find another doctor who can satisfy your curiosity and with whom you feel confident.
- Understand Recovery Care Involved: Recovery care basically depends on which type of surgery you are going for. It is also important to know where you will prefer to stay, at hospital or home after the surgery because if you stay at home then you should be prepared to make rounds of the hospital very often.
Dr. Michael Miroshnik is one of the best plastic surgeons available and before going to him you can check the details of his clinic and procedures.