Facelift, or circular facelift is a surgical procedure aimed at eliminating wrinkles and signs of aging, as well as giving the face and chin area a more youthful appearance. The operation will help eliminate the changes caused by age and stress. As a rule, a circular facelift is performed for patients aged 40 to 60 years.
Signs of aging are primarily visible on the face. Although these signs appear gradually, they can still affect self-esteem. If the face in the mirror seems to be older than your biological age, then facelifting is the procedure that will help you to restore the youth and freshness of the face and improve your inner state. Know from Dr Michael Kelly the best solutions now.
Facelift is it shown to you?
A facelift may be an effective way to improve appearance and confidence, but this procedure is not suitable for everyone. Generally healthy patients with relatively thin skin can achieve the best results. A facelift is usually performed for patients aged 40–60 years, but good results can be achieved at the age of 70–80 years. A circular facelift is recommended for healthy women and men, who show the following signs of aging:
- Loss of skin elasticity, deep wrinkles on cheeks and cheekbones
- Excess skin, folds and excess fatty tissue around the neck
- Fuzzy Chin Line
- Deep naso-labial folds
Although facelift in most cases provides excellent results, the procedure should be treated with caution if the patient suffers from the following problems:
- High blood pressure
- Problems with blood clotting, the risk of thrombosis
- Visible wounds remain when treating wounds.
- If you suffer from the above problems, notify your doctor.
What is a facelift operation?
There are several types of face lift. During the preoperative consultation, the doctor will discuss with you the appropriate options. As a rule, the incision is made along the natural line behind the ear, and then extended around the earlobe to the edge of the hair, where it is easier to hide. A small incision may be necessary under the chin.
Through these incisions, the surgeon will separate the skin from the subcutaneous tissue and tighten it. Then, excess skin is removed and subcutaneous tissue is reformed if necessary for the correction of the facial contour. Through an incision under the chin, adipose tissue is removed and the visibility of muscle bundles on the neck is reduced.
Preparation for surgery
To achieve the best results with a circular face lift, it is very important to follow the instructions of the doctor.
- Abstain from smoking 3-4 months before surgery and several weeks after surgery.
- Do not take drugs such as aspirin and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Grow hair so you can hide scars under it.
What to expect during recovery?
Recovery begins immediately after surgery. A bandage may be applied to your face to help regulate puffiness, and under the skin you can install small drainage tubes to prevent fluid from accumulating. Discomfort after the procedure is negligible; you can take medication against pain. Each patient recovers at his own pace, but in general, you can count on the following schedule.
Per day circular suspenders
- Bruises and swelling are visible, which can be reduced by constantly keeping your head slightly above the body.
- Week after surgery
- Bandages are removed
- You can take a shower and bath
- Stitches are removed or they dissolve.
- You can use cosmetics to mask bruises and uneven skin color
- Edema reaches a maximum and gradually begins to descend.