Brazilian butt lifts, a procedure that transfers fat from areas such as the thighs, hips and abdomen into the buttocks area, has become one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures in the world. Butt augmentation produces much better results than implants, leaving patients with fuller, natural-looking buttocks.
Preparing for your Brazilian butt lift
As with any major surgical procedure, it’s important to know what to expect so that you can prepare and achieve the best possible results.
With any plastic surgery procedure, patients should follow their plastic surgeon’s pre-operative instructions to best prepare and ensure quality results. Here are 8 tips that will help you better prepare for your surgery:
- Get to know your surgeon.Before you book your Brazilian butt lift, it’s essential that you meet with your surgeon to not only discuss the surgery but to make sure that you’re comfortable with his or her experience and qualifications. Your procedure should only be performed by a board-certified surgeon who specialises in Brazilian butt lifts. Don’t be shy to ask to see your surgeon’s credentials as well as any before and after photos.
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle. Prior to any major surgery, it’s important to lead a healthy lifestyle. Eat healthy foods, drink enough water, exercise on a regular basis and stop smoking. Doing so will help your body better cope with the surgery and help you achieve better results.
- Practice stress management. Verve Cosmetic is a top Brazilian butt lift clinic in Sydney that recommends making an effort to relieve any stress that you might be under to help your body heal quickly and effectively. Practices such as yoga, breathing and meditation can all help reduce your stress levels.
- Prepare for downtime. If there are any chores or tasks that you need to get done, now is the time. You will need to rest after your surgery, which means you won’t be able to run around doing errands. Find someone who can assist you during your recovery period if need be.
- Avoid medications. Brazilian butt lift patients will need to stop taking any medications at least 2 weeks prior to their surgery, particularly blood thinners, diet pills, ibuprofen and aspirin. You will also need to refrain from smoking 2 weeks before your procedure.
- Collect your pain medication. It’s best to fill any prescriptions that your doctor may have given to you before your procedure so that you can simply go home right away and start recovering. You should definitely not be standing in line.
- Pick out some comfortable clothing. Since you will be bruised and swollen after your surgery, you’re going to want to wear loose, comfortable clothing on the day of your surgery.
- Stay in touch with your surgeon. If at any point you have questions about the procedure in the weeks or days leading up to your surgery, get in touch with your surgeon so that you’re completely at ease on the day.
With the right preparation and a qualified surgeon, you can achieve the shapely, full buttocks you’ve always wanted.