Dental implant is a procedure, which helps in filling the gap of a missing tooth. Although there are partial dentures and bridges as well that help in the same manner, they too have certain side effects. Dentures and bridges are inexpensive compared to dental implants. However, in full or partial dentures, the jaw bone deteriorates slightly whenever you chew food. Although bridges help in filling the gap, they cannot prevent the shrinkage of gum tissue or jaw bone.
We come across numerous dental implant surgeons, who are skillful and experts. According to them, dental implant is safer as it has advanced equipment and the latest technologies in the last ten years has made the procedure quite easy. There are many people who still feel scared with the thought of screwing a metal object in their mouth. No matter how much the dentist convinces them, they still are reluctant about this procedure.
Here are some questions that you can ask an implantologue to clear your doubts before undergoing any implant surgery –
- You need someone who is specialized in implantation therefore there is no harm in asking their qualification. Any surgeon who understands your concern will be happy to answer your queries.
- There is a price chart of every clinic it is either the dentist or the receptionist who would provide you with the price list. This way, you would have clear idea whether it suits your pocket or not.
- Even if you prefer the same dentist, it is wise to find if you can pay them through instalments. Sometimes, your insurance company too covers the procedure.
- Generally, there are orthodontist and dentist who have different jobs in installing implants. Therefore, you should know your surgeon and dentist and their experience well.
- After the assessment is over, your dentist should give you a brief on your condition, as to how much time would it take to complete the procedure and what type of method will be involved.
- Generally, it is said that anaesthesia is given before drilling a screw, but you should be aware of the procedure so that you don’t panic on seeing anything new.
A superior dentist will always provide you a list of precautions but will not make your life hell. A considerate and helpful implant surgeon will always give you positive signs after the surgery so that, you know that things are going to change for you after certain days.